Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Power of the Scriptures

My dear brothers and sisters,
       Life seems to have so many questions.  Questions about our purpose, questions about our pathway, and the ever important question of why.  So many people search the world's wisdom to try and find solutions.  We create endless agencies, policies, and patterns intended to solve the problem.  In my life, I have found that the easiest solution is to turn to the Lord in word and deed.  On bended knee, I have often found solutions to the mazes of life that seemed impossible before.  Within the Holy Scriptures I have often found ideas, plans, and pathways that made my journey easier, offered comfort to my aching heart, and joy to my needy soul.  The lights of prayer and scripture study can solve any problem and help you see the best in those around you.  They illuminate my soul and help me seek out imperfections within myself and with the Lord's help repair them and draw closer to Him.  May you find the joy of communing with the Lord.  May you find the rest you need within his arms and in his word. 

I wrote the following poem about how the scriptures enlighten my life and I hope you enjoy it.

Illumination

Scriptures illuminate a pathway to Jesus,
Followers seek it and kneel at his feet,
Searching for wisdom within its pages,
Laying personal foundations of eternity.
Chosen in small, insignificant moments,
Nourish and strengthen the light inside,
Simple habits seemingly so meaningless,
Have planned effect not just randomness.
Life's decisions a Saintly testing place,
While in the world a big, nasty, rat race,
Each challenge fire to burn off our dross,
Refined, defined by natural weakness lost.
Gospel light now shines brilliant bright,
Reflected from our Savior's Holy Light.



by L. Carvel Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment