Translate

Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Storm Rages



Dear Brothers and Sisters,
      Have you ever felt as if you were being blown to and fro by hurricane strength winds?  Weighed down by the accumulation of snow like troubles?  Have you ever been so tired that it is difficult to keep your head above water in the choppy sea of life?  The waves of calamity keep crashing down, so that you can barely stand?  Have you ever wondered how you could endure one more moment?  As the storms of life mount, the noise grows, and my strength wans, I find myself increasingly turning to Christ to buoy me up and support what is too often an impossible weight. 
     In my experience, Christ calms the troubled waters of my soul and speaks peace to my excited mind.  In my darkest hours, through death and pain, Christ has comforted me and continues to do so.  With the untimely death of my mother, now almost 12 years ago, I would find myself lost in the depths of mourning.   A sadness would overtake me so much so that I could almost taste it.  I can remember picking up the phone and dialing part of her number before realizing that she wouldn't answer in this life.  I am forever thankful to my Savior Jesus Christ who applied the Balm of Gilead to my wounded, bleeding heart.  He helped me to see that my family could still be a Forever Family in the Gospel.  He is my friend, my brother, and my Savior.  He can lift up the broken hearted, lift up the lame, help the blind to see, and even restore life where it has fled.  I KNOW that Jesus Christ lives and loves me.  I feel his spirit so often in so many ways.  If you have need of a friend, a brother, or a Savior, I know that you can find all three in Jesus of Nazareth.  He can help you to find peace and joy in the midst of whatever trials currently assail you.  The Captain of my Soul will do far more with my life as I listen to his Holy Spirit than ever I can. 
     To my friend who wonders, you are not alone.  The Savior of the World loves you far more than I do and is waiting for you to ask for help.  He will provide you help in your time of need.  When you can no longer go on, He will carry you.  Know that I will be there anytime, and anyplace, even if your Ox isn't in the mire.  Christ can and is always with those who love and obey Him.  Place your Faith in Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ and they will never fail you.  May he guide you in all that you do and bless you for your obedience.  May he literally calm your personal storm.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment